Being the nice little rule-following, ex-prosecutor person I am, I never thought to figure out how to cheat at Candy Crush so that I could get free extra lives. My husband didn’t Google it either, but he did play around on his iPad long enough to figure out a way to get extra lives without paying that $1.
I hate bugging friends for lives. I hate posting about Candy Crush on Facebook. So my husband’s discovery was life-changing. I’m still not sure it was in a good way. But here’s how to do it, just in case you don’t already know.
Get Free Candy Crush Lives on iOS
1. Use up your existing lives.
This is pretty easy to do if you play for any length of time. Not that I would know.
2. On your iOS device, go to Settings>General>Date & Time.
3. Toggle to OFF the button that reads “Set Date Automatically.” Right below “Time Zone,” a new option will appear to set your date and time. Move the time 2 hours ahead of the current time. NOTE: if you are moving the time ahead into the next calendar day, you will also need to adjust the date to the following day.
4. Go back into Candy Crush and you should have 4 new lives available to play. I only set it forward 2 hours so I don’t have to worry about adjusting minutes, only hours.
5. You can repeat this process several times, setting the clock ahead another 2 hours each time. But when you are done playing for the day, you HAVE to do this next step or your lives will never reset themselves.
6. Go back into Settings>General>Date&Time. Toggle the “Set Date Automatically” button back to ON.
If you go back into Candy Crush after doing this you’ll see how many more hours need to elapse before the Candy Crush Saga clock readjusts itself to the current time and re-figures your earned lives. I recommend moving your clock ahead no more than 4 times (a total of 8 hours), then go to bed so Candy Crush can catch up while you sleep and you’ll have your full set of 5 lives in the morning.
Another Handy Tip: iPad and Facebook Don’t Sync Lives
I played Candy Crush on the iPad exclusively for the first 3 months because I hate people seeing me play on Facebook . However, I discovered that even though the level on which you’re playing syncs up across iOS and Facebook, your # of lives do not. So, if you run out of lives on iOS, you may still have 5 fresh lives on Facebook, or vice versa.